Are you a farmer, grower, producer or caterer here in Herefordshire? Do you know who could use your surplus food, where to take it and how to do it economically?
Come to a networking event to prevent food becoming waste and get it on to the county's plates!
- Green Dragon Hotel, Hereford
- 10th November 2022 3-5.30pm
Ethos and the Living Room and the Food Alliance want to hear from anyone producing and distributing food - what's stopping you sharing the surplus you have - transport? time? storage? What could we all do in order to save money while sharing our surplus and how can we do more of the good stuff we already do!
- Hear about the financial, envionmental and social benefits to redistributing surplus food
- Find out about the amazing work our communities are doing to ensure food surplus can be eaten across our county
- Share your issues with getting surplus produce to the community
- Eat some tasty snacks made from surplus produce
This event will support an increase in food surplus usage as Ethos and the Living Room build on what they've achieved in Hereford, as they are looking to establish a Community Food Larder network through the county. They have a grant to work with others and set up a network of community larders in rural Herefordshire.
Are you doing something similar? Or would like something like this to be in your area and it hasn't happened yet? Get in touch.
To keep these joined-up ideas going and build the alliance for good food here in Herefordshire, sign the charter!