Good farming = Good Soil = Good rivers
Making a Beautiful Healthy Herefordshire!
Buy Herefordshire Food Direct:
Support farms producing brilliant food in Herefordshire that's building nature through:
- Reducing the number of animals
- Using grazing methods that improve the soil and capture carbon
- Using pasture for feed and avoiding monocrop imports
- Selling direct and avoiding unnecessary transport
- Building production of plant based foods using mixed farming methods
We've produced a map of good food that you can buy direct, or with a very short supply chain, here in Herefordshire.
More about 'good' food and farming below the map.
The map also shows community food and food growing projects.
To see the list of producers alphabetically, go here
What's good farming and good food?
Regen Ben explains here - farming that builds the soil.
More about Soil heath here with Neils Corfield
Farming that restores our rivers - here
Economic, Social and Environmental benefits of Good Local Food has here.
There are other places to find out more about local food
- Search for Local Food Producers using your postcode in https://openfoodnetwork.org.uk/shops#/
- Ledbury Food Group have a comprehensive list
- You can find out about 'Pasture Fed' meat and dairy here
- General list of Food and Drink Producers in Herefordshire - also possible to filter 'locally sourced' and/or 'organic'
(Photo: Little Pomona Cider)