**Updated times and info**
Please share these inclusive picking and cooking opportunities with everyone you know in Ledbury, Hereford and Llangarron (and beyond!) and help reduce food waste - and get people fed - in Herefordshire this Autumn.
Our picking and community cooking days will make sure surplus and unpicked food does not go to waste.
We are teaming up with food banks, community larders and hubs to make sure that fresh, nutritious food is available for all.
You won't need any special equipment and refreshments will be readily available! There is also transport from Ledbury / Hereford to where we'll pick.
Please contact Ruth Pullan 07951399176 or
If you are a partner organisation working with people who would enjoy this opportunity, please print and share this flyer.
- 1st October: Ledbury Community picking day 11-3. Sites in and around Ledbury. Meeting point TBC.
- 8th October: Pot and Page Community cooking day 11-3 preserving the harvest for Ledbury Food Bank at Pot and Page community hub
- 6th October: Hereford Community picking day 11-3 Lower House Farm Herefordshire Wildlife Trust reserve near Cock of Tupsley, HR1 1UT.
- 14th October: Herefords Community cooking day 11-3 Preserving at the Living Room Hereford.
Lunch provided on each day, please bring your own mug for soup on the picking days as we won't have kitchen facilities available to us!
Transport to venues:
Picking days are at rural locations.
We will be hiring the community bus in Ledbury to go to the picking locations, picking up point TBC.
Lower House Farm Orchard is accessible by public transport with the 420, 469 and 476 from Hereford bus station stopping at the Cock of Tupsley pub, a 10 minute walk from the orchard. There is also a car park for those coming by car. We are also hoping to hire the Hereford community bus for those without transport and to bring the apples back to the Living Room in the afternoon. We will set off from The Living Room at 10.30.
The processing days are in central town or city locations and we encourage the use of public transport where possible, however there are large car parks nearby if coming by car.
Llangarron - Archenfield:
- 30th September: Archenfield CEG Apple Day